Hodl Assets, a marketplace for non-fungible tokens (NFTs), has acquired the crypto-commerce firm CoinLinked for an undisclosed amount.
- Hodl said it is buying CoinLinked to "streamline the crypto-commerce process" and integrate the social aspects of the platform into its current technology.
- CoinLinked founder and CEO Jenny Ta will join the Hodl team as co-founder and chief operating officer.
- Ta will be responsible for creating partnerships and adding key features to its current technology as the two prepare to introduce Hodl's NFT platform.
- The company is also expanding its operations to Durban, South Africa, and the United States.
- Hodl is currently moving forward with efforts to secure funding and be acquired by a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) soon after, Hodl CEO Vladimir Schutz said. "We're currently in discussions on several potential SPAC deals," he said.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.