Riding the surge of interest in yield farming, cryptocurrency exchange Kraken is listing three tokens from the world of decentralized finance (DeFi).
- Compound (COMP), Kava (KAVA) and Kyber Network (KNC) will be listed by Kraken starting July 15, the company announced Tuesday in a blog post.
- COMP is the governance token that kicked off DeFi's recent boom. Following its June 15 debut, the token was promptly added by Coinbase and others.
- Kava is a DeFi platform backed by Binance, Huobi and OKEx.
- Kyber Network is a decentralized exchange (DEX) whose KNC token became the runaway hit of early 2020. The firm recently announced the creation of a new type of yield farming, in which it would share trading fees with KNC token holders.
- In addition to the three DeFi tokens, Kraken announced it will also list Storj (STORJ), a token that powers a blockchain-based data storage network.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.